Saturday, July 30, 2016

Viktor Frankl's Search for Meaning

Before Viktor Frankl became a renowned psychologist; before he survived a Nazi concentration camp; and before he wrote Man’s Search for Meaning, a bestselling book about his experiences; he was a high school student who thought deeply about life—more deeply than perhaps most teenagers do. One day his science teacher declared to the class, “Life is nothing more than a combustion process, a process of oxidation.” Young Viktor leaped from his chair and countered, “Sir, if this is so, then what can be the meaning of life?”


At the last minute, one of my models couldn't make it, and our location also fell through, so I was able to use my husband as the professor instead, and shot this in our kitchen.  He's a great model, but I've used him a lot--you can look through the old paintings and see if you recognize him.  Thanks to him, and to Brock for spending a few hours following me around while I tried working out new plans.

No comments: